Jacob’s Ladder Nursery School
Jacob’s Ladder Nursery School is a mission of Chestnut Level Presbyterian Church and has been providing a safe, loving, nurturing Christian learning environment for Toddlers and Preschoolers since 1994.
- We believe that Early Childhood Education instills a foundation for a child’s love of lifelong learning.
- It is a proven fact that birth to age four is a crucial time in a young child’s brain development. It is during this time when a person’s brain has the highest potential for new learning. The more opportunities young children have for early learning the more likely they are to succeed when they enter primary school.
- Our school uses a child centered curriculum.
- All of our learning opportunities are age appropriate and use a combination of teacher directed and child directed activities. We believe that children learn best when they are engaged and allowed to take an active part in their learning. Our teachers work hard to make 95% of their students’ learning experiences hands-on.
- While it is important for children to be hands-on in their learning it is also important for them to learn to work in a structured setting. Structure allows young children to feel safe and gives them the security of what to expect during their day. All of our classes follow a structured schedule and our teachers set clear boundaries and class expectations.
We offer four class levels with each class laying the foundation for the next:
- Our school year begins the Monday after Labor Day and ends the middle of May.
- All classes are from 9:00am until 11:30am.
At Jacob’s Ladder we strive to provide all of our students with a quality early childhood education. Our goals are to reach children and their families with the message of Jesus Christ, promote learning experiences that will help children become academically and socially prepared for Elementary School, and to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment where children will learn to respect themselves and others.
Check out our Facebook Page to see all the FUN we have at JLNS!
Come climb the educational ladder at Jacob’s Ladder!
Email Kim Roberts for more information or to register: email@example.com